Six Guidelines for Soccer Parents:
2. Relax and Let Them Play
3. Yelling Directions = Distraction
4. Remember, They Are Your Kids
5. Have Reasonable Expectations
6. Meet with the Coaches.
- Children want cheerleaders to applaud their success, not adults yelling instructions. Think of the soccer field as a playground and not as a sports venue.
- What’s appropriate at a sport stadium with adult athletes is NOT appropriate for young children at play.
- Focus on the process of playing and not the outcome.
Good Questions on the Way Home:
- Did you have fun today?
- What did you think you did well today?
- Did you learn any new moves?
- Did you make new friends today?